Great XC statements I saw this week!!!!!

trample the WEAK and hurdle the DEAD


Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My 1/2 Marathon March 6th 2010

Saturday was my 1/2 marathon in Charlotte. I really trained and worked hard to be ready for this day. The bottom line is I ran the 1/2 marathon in 1 hour and 35 mins and when I finished I felt terrible. This was a terrible 13.1 miles. I got confused when I started the race, because I could not tell which guys where running the 1/2 marathon or the 5 K or the relay. All the bids looked the same and by the time we hit the 5K split I had paced to fast and ran with the 5k RUNNERS. Right after that the race changed for me at about the 8 mile mark my legs turned into mash potato and I had cramps in my calves. I had no leg turn over. It was terrible. I struggled all the way until I crossed the finish line. I really wanted to make much better time and I know that I could have. I think I could have been 1:20 had things not taken such a bad road. I struggle with the bad running days. My mind was ready to run a great race and my body let me down. I know that this is part of running and I have read the stores about Olympic athletes that have missed the Olympic trials due to a bad day. I just do not think I will ever get use to the bad runs. I reallly work hard and want the training to pay off on race day. My next race is on March 20th and I really want a great race. I have my first training with my Coach on the 16th and I know this will make a big difference. I am ready!!

I took Sunday off and then Monday ran with Joe White andwe did a 6 mile tempo. That run was great I felt wonderful. Tuesday, I did 2 miles for time run and then a 1 mile time run and the 4 1/2 miles for time and 2 100 yard sprints. Not a bad day! Today, I went to Lenoir Rhyne track field and ran 1- 1/2 miles for a time run and 4- 400 meter runs 8-800 meter runs with 400 rest in between. I was a great day.

I am taking the day off tomorrow!!!

Followers