Great XC statements I saw this week!!!!!

trample the WEAK and hurdle the DEAD


Sunday, September 19, 2010

Cross Country Dreams

Well, it has been a great start to my final school year at Concordia Lutheran School. After my 8th grade year I will go to high school. I had hoped to run cross country my last year at Concordia, but they could not get a team going for my final year. Never the less I have been running and it has been a pretty good year so far. I have been to a few invitationals but I had to run with the middle school program which is okay but I feel like I was running against kids that were to young for me to run against. I LOVE running against the talent that comes out for a road race. Normally, they are all college cross country runners and I have to dig deep to keep up but that is what I like. I love the hurt it causes and yet at the end I find myself right with the pack. You never improve unless you run with faster and better runners. As I race this year I realize that I am approaching my first full race year. It will be a year this December that I ran my first 1/2 marathon. My focus is on 5k's at the moment, but distance running is something I really love. When I do a middle school race they only let us run 1 1/2 miles, which is harder for me because I have to put in a mile or two before the race just to get my legs.

I am going to post my race details in a few weeks. I am proud of myself and realize that I have so much more inside of me and every race I run makes me want the next race that much more. I have my sights set on running cross country my freshman year in high school like no other freshman ever did. Keep me in your prayer and I will keep you posted on my journey as I run.


Followers